The crazy Christmas party season; traditionally a time to over indulge then spend the new year trying to right the nutritional wrongs.
This Christmas party season give priority to your health and sail through with extra energy and confidence to make 2015 your best year yet.
Tips for enjoying the Aussie Christmas Party season in Paleo style:
1. Focus on all the foods you CAN have. Enjoy your favourite seafood or quality piece of meat with gourmet salads, beautiful summer fruits and homemade desserts.
2. For gatherings suggest BBQs, roasts, seafood platters....fill your plate with quality protein, vegetables & salads.
3. Serve a fancy jug of infused mineral water chilled with lots of ice and frozen fruit.
4. Take along your own jar of homemade mayonnaise or dressing to dress up a plain salad and so the good fat helps keep you full and satisfied.
5. Contribute a dish or two to the party so you know there is at least something you can eat without any concerns.
6. Make a double batch of bliss balls or other paleo treat to have in the freezer for whenever last minute gatherings happen.
7. Make up gifts of Paleo granola or your favourite Paleo treat as presents. Share the love, and believe in the ripple effect.
8. Make entertaining and socializing less about the food. Take some sports gear and suggest a game or a walk to the park after the meal. Picnic at the beach or near a pool.
9. Have stickers and colouring tables set up for the kids instead of the lollie bowls.
10. Have confidence to ask the host or chef if dishes are gluten-free.
11. On non-party days, be extra clean with your eating and nourish yourself with e.g. a healing breakfast soup made with bone broth.
12. Remember to hydrate with lots of water and give priority to sleep.
Relax. Breathe. Enjoy.
Please feel free to share your tips or your favourite christmas treat recipe in the comments.
Merry Christmas and stay well x